Thursday, November 16, 2017

New Challenges

Hi friends and readers, since my last post and the good news, I have since had another CT scan.  Unfortunately my news this time around isn't so great!  It seems that whilst the trial I have been on was successful in eliminating and reducing two of the tumours, it hasn't been so successful in preventing others from growing.  They have discovered the growth of more tumours, as well as an enlarged lymph node.  So now I am off the trial.  I have however been offered to participate on a different trial, an immunotherapy trial.  So, should I choose to go ahead with this, it will mean more intensive hospital visits and a different drug...not tablets, but an infusion of some sort.  I must admit, this has been a huge shock to me...possibly more than my initial diagnosis....I got home after my appointment yesterday and went straight to bed, feeling absolutely sick to my stomach...so much so that I couldn't eat....which is a rarity for me!  This latest news just presents a whole lot more uncertainty and an acute awareness of how fragile and precious life is, and how we really don't know how long we have on this earth.  Well, if you've read this far, I thank you and would ask for your continued prayers, good thoughts or whatever you think might help with my latest challenge.  I continue to know that I am in the palm of God's hand and that He is in control and will continue to carry me on this journey, no matter the ultimate outcome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I have just read your latest post and feel so sad at your news. I will continue to pray and know that God will continue to guide you, whether it be this new trial or not. We really do not appreciate how precious and fragile life is until we are confronted, stay strong, my friend, Maureen.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, no really good news! We are thinking and praying for you! I loved to read your last post, too and plannng to read the recommended book. Maybe you can wrap yourself in your shawl to give you some comfort...
Please now take care of yourself even more!
Liane

Diversesign Studios said...

All your articles are impressive, but you have not shared any new articles for a long time. Keep sharing your experiences with us.

Thanks & Regards
Signage Services melbourne
Banners & Pull Up Displays melbourne